Policies for HostWorks, Inc. Services
E-Mail: HostWorks, Inc. provides e-mail services for both business and personal use by our customers with options for personal POP accounts, IMAP accounts, Forwarding accounts and Distribution Lists. All service agreements are arranged on an individual basis and are subject to change. Always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service. HostWorks, Inc. does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, therefore, HostWorks, Inc. specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service.
POP/IMAP accounts come with 100 MB of storage space at default; any changes to this size are handled on an individual basis. Any e-mail attachments sent to your e-mail account that exceeds the allotted size of your mail box will not be delivered. HostWorks, Inc. does not recommend the use of e-mail for the purpose of transferring files over 1 MB. HostWorks, Inc. does not recommend storing messages on the mail server. It is advised that messages be stored on the individual's own computer. E-mail is not archived by HostWorks, Inc. on our servers. E-mail archival can be performed but there is an addtional charge. HostWorks, Inc. is not responsible for lost e-mail messages, either sent or received by the client. HostWorks, Inc. reserves the right to perform maintenance on the servers at its discretion.
Mailing lists are supplied and configured by HostWorks, Inc. on an individual basis. Management of the list is then the responsibility of the assigned party. HostWorks, Inc. will retain the right to adjust the configuration or suspend the use of any list that is affecting performance of the server or in some other way determined to be producing undesirable effect. HostWorks, Inc. does not participate in or condone the process of spamming in any way and if a mailing list is determined to be used for such a purpose HostWorks, Inc. reserves the right to terminate such lists at our discretion
Web Hosting: HostWorks, Inc. provides Internet hosting services for both business and personal use by our customers with options for shared, dedicated or colocated servers. All service agreements and available resources are arranged on an individual basis and are subject to change. Access to a server is based on the type of hosting environment. Shared hosting access is limited to FTP, HTTP and HTTPS. Any alternate access will be handled on an individual basis. Any unauthorized access will result in immediate termination of services. Dedicated server hosting access can consist of a much wider range of access types and is configured based on the customer's needs. Colocated server hosting access is generally determined by the client themselves. All of our clients expect a secure environment and failure to assist in providing such an environment will result in immediate termination of services regardless of the hosting type.
If information, data or files need to be secured or encrypted in order to meet any compliance or other requirements, this responsibility lies solely with the client unless otherwise contracted with HostWorks, Inc. Any contract for this type of service is handled on an individual basis and is subject to the terms of said contract.
HostWorks, Inc. reserves the right to perform maintenance on servers at its discretion or at whatever time frame is outlined in an agreement. All effort will be made to notify clients of maintenance windows if it will entail an extended period of downtime for effected web sites.
Backup: HostWorks, Inc. supplies nightly backup processes for all shared hosting clients. Dedicated and colocation server backup operations are customized to the needs of the customer. Backups are configured, but no guarantee is given as to the availability of any given day. If data is lost HostWorks, Inc. will make every effort to restore that data with the most recent available backup, but we must know of the need for restoration at the soonest possible moment. Any data loss which has gone unreported for more than 1 day may result in the inability to recover the data. To aid in the prevention of lost data it is recommended that each customer keep a copy of their content and data in their own possession. Any file/data restoration performed where the lost files/data is not the fault of HostWorks, Inc. may result in the billing of the time required to complete the restore process.
Security: HostWorks, Inc. utilizes Trend Micro AntiVirus software as well as the AVAST32 Antivirus Engine services integrated into the Merak Mail server system to help detect virus traffic through the mail server. The automatic update feature is utilized nightly to keep the software current with the latest virus definitions/files from Trend Micro and Avast. The software scans every file that is written to the server to try and eliminate viruses from being delivered; however there is no guarantee made by HostWorks, Inc., Trend Micro or Avast that all viruses will be stopped. Each user should utilize some sort of anti-virus detection system to help ensure that viruses are not sent or received.
You agree to use HostWorks, Inc. services only to post, send and receive messages and materials that are proper. For example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using HostWorks, Inc. services, you will not:
- Use the service in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise) unless specific agreement has been made with HostWorks, Inc.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Use the services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any topic, name, material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards one person or a group because of their belonging to a race, a religion or a nation, or that insults the victims of crimes against humanity by contesting the existence of those crimes.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, spyware or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another or compromise the security and privacy of another.
- Use the services for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use HostWorks, Inc. services or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the services.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
HostWorks, Inc. reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner.